Self employed carers insurance
Self-employed carers make a huge difference to someone else’s life every single day, and while having greater control over your own hours, rates, and places of work can give you a far greater level of independence, it can also leave you vulnerable should something go wrong.
To protect the carers on our platform as well as the service users, Pair My Care provides self-employed carers insurance through our trusted partner for every care worker that has signed up to use our platform and works a minimum of 1 hour of care in a one month period month.
Pair My Care is partnered with Surewise to protect you, your clients, and anyone else you come into contact with within your role.
If you injure a client while caring for them or damage their property accidentally, for example, your insurance policy can protect you against compensation claims related to such incidents and a range of other risks.
Any carer on the Pair My Care platform is automatically provided with a self-employed care workers insurance policy that includes:
- Public liability cover (Up to £1m)
- Personal accident cover (Up to £7,500)
- Personal possessions cover (Up to £250)
- Legal expenses (Up to £100,000)
- No excess or hidden fees
- Cover for permanent total or total disablement (such as the loss of sight or the loss of the use of your back)
- Accidental damage or loss to your personal possessions or your service users’ property
What’s covered under self-employed carers insurance?
Any self-employed carer knows how much your day to day responsibilities can vary depending on which service users you are working with. It’s important, then, to feel confident that you’re covered under your insurance policy no matter what level of care you’re providing.
General activities and duties covered within your insurance include:
- Personal care: such as preparing, serving and feeding food or drink, bathing, dressing, moving and handling.
- Administration of prescribed medicines and first aid.
- General domestic duties including: including shopping and basic maintenance and gardening tasks.
- Looking after your client’s domestic pets or children (or other children for whom the Service User is responsible): provided that these tasks form only a minor part of the overall work carried out for that Service User.
- Accompanying clients: This can include social, domestic, and pleasure trips.
Alexa Innovations Ltd whose trading name is Pair My Care is an Introducer Appointed Representatives Firm number 993166 of Sure Wise Limited.
The products and services provided are administered and managed by Sure Wise Limited. Sure Wise Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). FCA Firm reference Number is 618327.